Cu Lao temple was built more than 200 years ago in the Ba Rung area (now in Vinh Phuoc district, Nha Trang city). It was constructed by Luong Van Tinh (a descendant of the valedictorian Luong The Vinh). Unfortunately, the temple burned down and was rebuilt at its present location in 1822.
The relics are the place to worship the gods of boundary, the King of the Southern sea, the elders, Thien Y A Na, the martyrs and the 5 goddesses. The relics are facing toward the south and have a campus of 1,222.8 m2. The temple was renovated and embellished in 2002 with the traditional architectural style of Khanh Hoa. It has a wooden frame and the dragon, lion, tortoise and phoenix carvings on the columns. The relics have the following buildings: the gate, the great hall, Oai Linh Pagoda; the temples of the elders, the king of the southern sea and the 5 elements.
Today, Cu Lao temple is still preserved with many horizontal lacquered boards, parallel sentences, incense burners, and the 3 ordinances of the Kings Duy Tan and Khai Dinh in the Nguyen dynasty. Traditionally, the Cu Lao villagers celebrate the festival every two years and rotate the location between the temple and the mausoleum.
The festival lasts for four days from the 15th to 18th of June or August according to the lunar calendar. The festival is held at the mausoleum in June or at the temple in August. There are some rituals in the festival such as: the ordinance ceremony, the honors of the gods, elders and martyrs…The Cu Lao relics were recognized as a historical and cultural vestige of the province on the 10th October 2008.